Morris 18-30 Icknield Way 2011
Are you ready...
...for the best Morris event on the calendar?
Sign up now, and get you name down for Morris 18-30 Icknield Way 2011, based in Oxford - 10th edition!
Our base for the weekend is Oxford Sea Scout Hut
If you're arriving by train (Oxford Station) you can catch bus numbers 13/X13/X3/23 to the corner of Donnington Bridge Road and Abindgdon Road, Contact Graham if your not sure how to get there!
The Plan for 2011
- Meet up after 7pm for soup 'n' bread and a bit of a practise.
- The Isis Farmhouse across the river (preferably via the bridge) are very keen to have us.
- Service bus into town - specially organised to accommodate the fox hunting song.
- Several dancing spots around Oxford.
- Lunch in a pub somewhere and a trip on a Salters Steamer, down the River Isis, back to the Sea Scout Hut.
- You'll then be treated to a copious portion of the World Famous Icknield Stew.
- We will finish the day followed by a pub crawl of Jericho, a student rich area of Oxford.
Sunday is based in Wantage, the home of Icknield Way, a short 20 minute drive from the scout hut.
- A walking tour of Wantage joined by other invited sides including the Ring consortia (A chance to show off what youf morris is all about).
- Followed by lunch and a session in the Abingdon Arms, home of the Icknield Way Morris Men.
- Finishing around 3pm, but the session might last longer